Are you wondering what I’m doing? Normally, I write my blog post weekly, but something changed this week. As of yesterday, I joined the “Ultimate Blog Challenge” and will post a blog every day in November—yes, daily! I plan the post to be shorter, and I have created an outline of my topics:
- Week 1 – A variety of writing topics
- Week 2 – Where my new book, Coronavirus Reflections: Bitter or Better? came from
- Week 3 – Gratitude topics for Thanksgiving week
- Week 4 – Feature some of my poetry and future poetry books
- Week 5 – Facing the end of 2021 & yet another crazy year
Blogging Technology Secret
I have a blogging/technology secret to share with you. Today I created drafts for all thirty blog posts with the social media button string in the post, using one of my favorite computer tools: copy and paste. I love having the social media string of icons at the bottom of each blog, but you have to recreate it each time you write a blog, and that can be tedious. So I came up with a solution. (I use wordpress.com.)
Wondering how I did it:
- Create a new post.
- Select “Social Icons” from the block menu.
- Click plus to add one.
- In the search menu, type the social media site name, like Facebook.
- Then, in the little window, type in your URL address for your page.
- Click the plus and add the rest of your social media sites.
- Save this as a file named, “Social media icons” as a draft.
- Create a new post for your current blog post, name it and save it.
- Go back to the draft of “Social media icons.”
- Go up to the top of the window and to the right where you see three dots and click.
- Select “Copy All Content” midway down the menu. It will say on the bottom left side, “All content copied.”
- Go back to the current blog post and put cursor in a block, and paste! Voile!
I love sharing technology shortcuts because computers should make our lives easier, right? Wondering about anything to do with technology or blogging? Leave a comment and I’ll help if I can!
Visit my website to find out about my new book and my other five books and three cookbooks: https://laradasbooks.com